Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Personal Space

Ahhh......the importance of personal space! I'm not sure about you, but I find myself teaching about personal space on a daily basis! I have used different size hula hoops that help visualize the amount of space needed depending on the person. I have role played the scenario with another teacher to help show and point out body language that helps cue the "space invader." I will say- this did seem to help show my students how it can make others feel uncomfortable......with the help of some serious over-acting! Another great resource is the book, "Personal Space Camp."

Sometimes we discuss how we all have our own personal "bubble." We feel safe in this bubble! We then take turns blowing bubbles. If bubbles are found "stuck" to another we say they are invading their neighbor's space, and then we proceed to pop them.  They LOVE this activity!
These would get popped for sure!
How do you teach personal space with your students?

No comments:

Post a Comment