Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mother/Daughter Movie Night

   In efforts to bring awareness to RELATIONAL AGGRESSION, our school counselor and I are hosting a Mother Daughter Movie Night. We have invited girls and their mothers (or grandma, special Aunt) to come together to watch American Girl Movie, "Chrissa Stands Strong." The movie is about a young girl who moves to a new school and is bullied repeatedly by her female peers.
 


After the movie we will group mothers/daughters and provide discussion questions.

Discussion questions can be found here!
http://www.americangirl.com/corp/goty.php?y=2009&page=moviequestions

More activites that relate to the movie can be found here! http://www.americangirl.com/movie/chrissa/

We will be serving Pizza afterwards!

Our Mother/Daughter Movie Night is scheduled for tomorrow at 5:00. I will be sure to let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting! I work at a K-8 school and have been wanting to do this for both elementary and middle. This is great! Now, I just need to figure out what movie I could use for the older girls....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What grades did you show this to? I am thinking about doing this in my district and I work in an Elementary PK-4 school and then a Middle School 5-8. We were thinking of doing this for the MS girls, but I didn;t know if the movie would be to "young" for 7/8 graders.
    Also do you have any ideas for a "Boy's night out"

    ReplyDelete